Our client develops management systems to support product manufacturing, data collection from all areas involved in the manufacturing process, and presentation of this data in a simple, effective way for users to manage and modify production processes.
This client chose to partner with Allata in order to develop new modules to expand and maintain their solution.
After analyzing their solution, Allata identified poorly optimized resources, such as repetitive calls to the backend, confusing and inadequate architecture associated with the base components of the application, design with poor focus on component reusability and the absence of industry best practices, among other opportunities for improvement.
To improve the solution, Allata decided to focus on the:
- Backend response caching to improve response times and resources associated with API communication.
- Creation of a highly configurable template for views that would be available for all application screens.
- Centralization and standardization in the usage of forms through a tool designed for that specific purpose. A template would make it easy to create new forms quickly and easily.
- Improvement of the application’s folder structure, so that each component can be easily found, improving the maintainability and extensibility of the solution.
- Implementation of reusable styled components in the application, so that they are easily modifiable in response to changes in requirements.
- Segregation of the services used in different files under the same folder, so that it is simple to identify which module is using it.
- Restructuring of the application's routes in a folder that centralizes them and facilitates the scalability and maintainability of the solution.
By incorporating Allata developers into their team, our client was able to speed up development time and ended up with an optimized solution regarding resource usage and response speeds that would be much easier to maintain, scale and extend, as well as provide higher quality deliverables.
Additional benefits of the solution included:
- Active collaboration with the pre-existing team of developers. Allata's developers joined their agile dynamics, guiding development towards a solution with an even higher level of detail and quality.
- Significantly better development robustness, performance and reliability of the solution.
- Improved versatility for key components of the application, leading to a notable reduction in development times during changes to the solution.
- Improved architecture and quality of the solution, facilitating the maintenance and extensibility of the solution.